Recipients of the Jefferson Club Golden Quill Alumni Excellence Award are selected by the Jefferson Club Board of Trustees and their names are placed on the Notable Mizzou Alumni section of the Honor Wall located in Jesse Hall. The Golden Quill recognizes alumni who demonstrate excellence in their chosen field and/or outstanding achievement; and who reflect the core values of Mizzou: Respect, Responsibility, Discovery and Excellence.
All nominees must be alumni of the University of Missouri (Columbia) defined as “having completed a minimum of 12 hours of academic credit.” Alumni may be honored posthumously.
Additional considerations may include but are not limited to the following:
- Reflect the core values of Mizzou: Respect, Responsibility, Discovery and Excellence
- Possess the qualities of good character and reputation
- Outstanding achievement in their profession, career or vocation
- Expertise and excellence in a particular field of work, study, discovery or research
- Generosity in giving of their time, talent and/or treasure
- Record of strong engagement in civic, public and/or volunteer service
- Broad name recognition or considered to be at the top of their field in their chosen endeavor